Welcome to the
d3caster Game Engine
A free Java Doom-like game engine, providing 3-D gaming
with high color and sound on every browser.
- Click here for an instant play of a demo game,
which was made with the engine.
- Download the full distribution here (2.3 MBytes).
The current version is 1.1 (-> change history).
This is a development kit, containing
- classes and source code (GNU GPL license)
- the demo game with graphics, sound and music
- tools for development (free image converter)
- Find here for the full online version of Art Attack,
featuring nicknames and area heroes lists.
- Further online articles, an addition to the package docs:
Programming Transparent Images
Fast Image Loading techniques
Fast And Compatible Sound Loading
d3caster's 3-D graphics part is based on the Open Source
"Java Maze" by Jonathan Thomas (www.shinelife.co.uk).
It includes JOrbis from JCraft, support classes for the
great and free sound compression format Ogg Vorbis.