Depeche View loads all text files from a folder,
showing them all in a single window,
as if they were one large SuperText.
And this single window can be duplicated, so typically
a Depeche View user has two or three views open side by side,
with every view providing access to the same SuperText
- a unique high speed, two dimensional access scheme
completely different to any other text editor or IDE.
This allows, for example, to edit text in one file,
and browse over the same, or other, text files in parallel
within another view.
Look at the snapshot to the right:
- a file "sfk.cpp" is edited in the left view.
- the same file is also browsed in the right view.
Now Depeche View Pro allows to:
Instant Cross Copy Between Views
- keep the CONTROL key pressed, then RIGHT click into a word
within the right view (using the right mouse button).
-> the word is copied instantly into the left view.
- keep the CONTROL key pressed, then RIGHT click into the
first and last line of a text block.
-> the whole text block is copied instantly.
- SHIFT+CONTROL+right click into a text line
-> the whole text line is copied instantly.
Repeat these actions a hundred times a day, and you will
find that it's a real time saver.
Instant Text Move Between Views
In the third image to the right, both views are in edit mode.
I decide that I want to move the whole function
"printFileTimeAndSize" into the right side view.
With most other text editors or IDEs,
this would require a sequence like:
- mark text block to the left by SHIFT+cursor keys.
- CONTROL+X to cut out the block.
- click into the right window.
- CONTROL+V to insert from the clipboard.
- and if I want to continue editing in the left view,
it then takes another click into the left view.
But with Depeche View Pro, it's only two steps:
- in the left view, keep SHIFT pressed, mark the whole text block by cursor
keys. It is highlighted in yellow.
- press CONTROL+DELETE. the text block is cut out in the
first view, and inserted into the second one.
|the same text in two views, while editing in the left view.|
|block copy after right click into "int bIsDir" and "return 0".|
|before text move, with both views in edit mode.|
|after text move, by a single CONTROL+DELETE.|